7-Week | SEPTEMBER | TUESDAYS
All-Inclusive Prenatal Experience Starts September 4, 2018 Mothers should ideally begin this class between their 29th - 31st week of pregnancy.
Time & Location
Sep 04, 2018, 7:00 p.m. – Oct 16, 2018, 9:00 p.m.
Beddington Theatre Arts Centre, 375 Bermuda Dr NW, Calgary, AB T3K 2J5, Canada
About The Event
This class is designed for any mother and her partner wanting to maximize the information they have about labor and delivery. It is delivered over the course of 7 weeks and should be started between the 29th to 31st week of pregnancy. This class will have a maximum of 8 mothers (and a partner), which allows for good discussion while maintaining the comfort of a small class.
Some topics include:
- What to expect in the final trimester of pregnancy, including signs of preterm labor
- Stages of labor- what each stage looks like and how to support your partner through each one.
- Exploring relaxation and coping techniques
- Introduction to prenatal yoga to relieve aches and pains and prepare your body for birth
- How to reduce and manage the pain of labor (pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods).
- Medical Interventions - when labor takes an unexpected turn
- Developing a workable list of birth wishes
- Labor rehearsal stations, how to push out a baby
- The first two weeks postpartum (including breastfeeding and the newborn)
We will be requiring payment within 1-week of registration in order to secure your spot. Registrations with payment not received within this time will be cancelled and the spot will be opened. Payment information will be sent once registration is confirmed.
Mother (and partner)
Please ensure this class begins between the 29th and 31st week of pregnancy.$350.00